Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Avett Brothers


I am a addict. Of rock and roll that is. And with the current state of bands being able to promote themselves with no end, or to annoy the hell out of you on myspace, I have become somewhat complacent with my choices towards rock and roll. Perhaps it is the over saturation, or the abhorring sounds of uninspired ditties that pour from the speakers of my laptop as i search for signs of life in new music. The Avett Brothers "Emotionalism" baptized my love for rock and roll with all the fervor of an overly eager teenager engaging in his first sexual encounter. Much more than your traditional power trio, the bands jubilee of Carolinian blue-grass with the raw passion of rock and roll, i was more that satisfied. I was fortunate enough to see them live on the Conan O'Brien show when I was in New York City. Unaware, and unassuming of the absolute glory my ears would behold, I found myself singing along to the intoxicating sounds of "Paranoia" almost instantly. The charismatic, and obnoxiously energetic trio's performance was everything about rock and roll that is good in this world. The almost untouched harmonies, the casual mistake, and out of tune banjo was a sight to behold. Thank you Avett Brothers for saving me from a world of same ol' same ol' five piece whiny emo groups invading every corner of the Internet.

No comments: